- Between moving apartment and baby scans, I’ve been a little distracted lately but here is a long overdue Faith No More digest.
- Mike Patton has taken the media shackles off as he promotes November’s Mondo Cane Harvest Festival appearance and next year’s Tomahawk Soundwave shows in Australia with a series of interviews Down Under. Mike spoke to musicfeeds.com.au primarily about the his score for the upcoming The Place Beyond the Pines film. He said: “When you score a movie you’re sort of, how can I say, you’re sort of owned in a way, you’re sort of under contract. Meaning it’s done whenever the film’s done and you may think you’re done and they may tell you’re done and then they can completely change their minds. So you have to be really willing when you’re doing a film score to adapt on the fly and it’s just the nature of the way films are made, it’s nobody’s fault but sometimes the music is the last thing that they think about and it’s the thing that they want done the quickest.”
- In the wide-ranging interview, Mike also gives his thoughts on the recording of live shows, which might help explain the lack of any official live releases of Faith No More reunion shows: ““I don’t really care if fans do (record live performances) it’s up to them, personal choice. I don’t prevent anyone from doing that to be honest, but I do reserve the right to not release live recordings because I’m just not crazy about them, personally; it’s a personal decision. So that’s why I haven’t put out many live records and the few that I have I’m actually not very happy with.”
- Mike also spoke with news.com.au, primarily about Mondo Cane: “It’s funny because I’m singing some really heavy stuff, really heartbreaking text but I haven’t really lived it, so in a way I’m just channelling something else – maybe I was Italian in a past life.”
- Finally, Mike and Roddy speak in a Czech TV interview from 1992: