Given the recent tsunami of tour news we’ve been a little slow on general Faith No More updates so here’s a bumper catch-up round-up on the re-formed and quite possibly reformed band.
- We first saw this on Thrash (not Trash) Hits but it is everywhere now. Yet another Greatest Hits package, but the second CD sounds interesting and I’d probably buy it for the title and cover alone. Follow the link for the track list. Despite searching I have yet to find any details of the release on the Rhino Records website or any information about pre-ordering. Check out the video for one of the tracks below – Sweet Emotion, an early version of The Perfect Crime.
- In more release news. Korn are planning to include their version of “We Care a Lot” from Faith No More on a future release.
- The San Francisco Chronicle has an interview with Jello Biafra in which his ongoing work with Bill Gould, which Bill has Tweeted about in the past, is mentioned. The band are currently going under the Axis of Merry Evildoers moniker and the album is due out in the autumn/fall with the possibility of a secret gig before that.
- Chuck Mosley’s new album will be released in June and will be titled Will Rap Over Hard Rock for Food, which is as good as name as any.
- Only a week late, here’s another rave about Mike Patton’s work on the Crank 2: High Voltage soundtrack from CBS Sports of all places. Sample quote: “Composed by Mike Patton, the former singer of Faith No More and Mr. Bungle, the music is all over the place in the best possible way — leaping between jerky electronics, thunderous metal and creepy atmospherics depending on what object Chelios is destroying at the moment.”
- More Patton news: the demo version of Bionic Commander which features the voice of the Faith No More front man as Nathan Spencer, the game’s protagonist, has been released this week. Full release date is 19 May. Check the trailer here and you can get a brief snippet of Mike’s vocals near the end.
- Final Patton news: Mike is also apparently lending his vocals to the Transformers: Revenge of the Something. Trailer here.