The man who belied that drummer hanging out with musicians gag and the man who makes FNM tick, the one and only Mike “Puffy” Bordin celebrates (or at least we do on his behalf) his 47th birthday today. Puff was an original member of the band and his distinctive drumming set the tone for the group right from the off. His soul may have been metal but the Ganeshian drummer had and has the skill and mind set to drive FNM in any direction.
As Mike P would chastise, Mike is also, of course, Ozzy’s drummer, recognition that we is feted by his peers as one of the greatest metal percussionists of all time.
Mike in video:
Mike burps (feckin’ amazing vid; possibly the best FNM YouTube I’ve ever seen)
Where’s the Puff?
Mike Puffy B masterclasss
Puffy being a leg-end
Mike for Ozzy fans
Puffy in Brazil
The two Mikes
Mike joins Korn
Puffy facts (not all are true)
- A left-handed drummer who plays right-handed kit
- Along with Billy, was an original member of FNM precursors Faith No Man
- Made dreads cool again for white guys
- First dreadhead to live long enough to show that dreads look cooler in silver
- Competed in Who Wants to be a Millionaire
- Taught the Little Drummer Boy how to play