- Mike Patton guested on the first night of the John Zorn: Bay Area Connection last night at Yoshi’s in San Francisco. Full details of Friday and Saturday shows. Review and video if and when they appear. Pre-show Zorn interview from the San Francisco Chronicle.
- vithovenstyle has uploaded this fantastic quality version of Faith No More’s iconic appearance on British late night “yoof TV” show The Word from 1993 in tribute to Donna.
I may actually have watched this show at the time but somehow never remembered Bill’s bumblebee costume.
Bill Gould below:
- From the same source, shiny, sweaty Mike and the band do Technotronic and Chinese Arithmetic in Milan in 1990.
- Finnish death metal band Medicated have a song called Faith No More on their new EP Ways to Make You Fall. Not sure if it has anything to do with the band but here goes:
- Roddy and Bill interviewed on Dutch TV in 1990 and live Epic performance at Parkpop.
It was with great sadness that we learned that one of the sweetest and most loyal Faith No More fans, Donna Gorslene, has passed away.
Donna was known as artsyfairie08 on her excellent YouTube channel, which we often plundered for rare videos on FNM 2.0, and could also be found on her Patton MySpace page.
We extend our heartfelt sympathy to her family, including her four children, and friends.
“When it’s my time to go, at least my other family will be waiting for me on the other side, and then I’ll wait to see my kids and family again, when it’s their time. Death is just another cycle of life.” Donna
Mike Patton wound up his Mondo Cane tour at the weekend with two festival dates, the Big Chill in England and
Sudoeste in Portugal. No reports or video from the Big Chill has surfaced yet but here’s some pro-shot video from SIC Radical from the Portugal date. (thanks to Firsa)
Faith No More don silly costumes and put on even sillier accents for this MTV Europe competition from 1995.
As a bonus, here is FNM at the aforementioned Rock Am Ring festival from 4 June 1995. (No word of who won the contest and got to be introduced by the band on stage)
The latest date of the Mondo Cane tour took Mike Patton back to Israel for his sixth performance in various guises in the country. And the gig at the Ra’anana Park Ampithreatre once more garnered rave reviews.
The NRG (Maariv) website reported that: “It seems that no matter what language he uses, what size location he chooses to appear in or what musical genre he chooses to abuse and stretch the limits of, his message comes through loud and clear – the man is a musical phenomenon.” NRG also featured a video of Patton speaking days before the concert but I get a Hebrew error message when I try to play it.
Meanwhile, the Mouse music site reports: “Mondo Cane is another reincarnation of Patton. Maybe not the most popular. Maybe not the most valued. But this reincarnation proves his love for music and the genius of his entrance into new areas.” Mouse also have a slideshow from the concert in that article.