- Brief Mike Patton quotes – the real thing this time – about the Sinfônica Heliópolis in leading Brazilian paper O Globo:
“I never heard anything recorded by them, but I heard the orchestra by Brazilian friends. Once I found out more about the work of the Sinfônica Heliópolis , it confirmed my intuition that they would be perfect for Mondo Cane. Not only musically, but also in spirit. After this experience, inviting the choir to accompany Faith No More at the SWU festival was a natural choice.”
The piece also includes a great quote from the symphony’s executive director Isaac Karabtchevsky:
“I was impressed with his attitude, which becomes demonic when that image is on stage, but he was an angel in real life.”
A reminder of the performance:
- And in a similar vein, the behind-the-scenes video Just A Choir from the Maquinaria festival that was previously on Facebook is now on YouTube:
- fnm4ever have uploaded the full show of Faith No More at the Super Rock festival in Lisbon on YouTube:
- Another rather good Faith No More remix from soundcloud – Midlife Crisis the Virgin Material Material Remix:
Faith No More – Midlife Crisis (Virgin Magnetic Material Remix) by Virgin Magnetic Material
- The NME has included Mike Patton’s The Solitude Of Prime Numbers in its list of the 20 Best Cult/Experimental albums of 2011.
- And another Faith No More tribute act that I was unaware of – the nattily-named Faith No Moreish, who play Hull in England on 23 December.
AshesTo Ashes – FAITH NO MORE(ish) by FAITH NO MORE(ISH)